WHEN GREEN ENERGY is an algae-tech company that utilizes unique commercial systems to grow algae for “Green” fuel, human consumption, and animal feed.
- WHEN GREEN ENERGY’s success is the result of seven years of research and
development by experts in photosynthesis and engineering.
- WHEN GREEN ENERGY has created a viable, modular system to grow
and harvest algae on a commercial level.
- WHEN GREEN ENERGY supplies turnkey projects that include growing algae, separating algae biomass, drying algae for commercial use, and extracting oil
Intro to Algae
Algae form the primary link in the food chain. This means that our existence and that of all ocean and land animals depends on algae. Furthermore, with the abundance of many species of algae all over the globe, algae become part of our eco-system, and play an important role in global warming or its reversal.
The ultimate aim is to produce cheap, high-quality biofuel. Oils extracted from algae consist of triglycerides, whereby three fatty acid chains are linked to a glycerol backbone. This long molecule does not burn well in an engine, so it must be broken up into its constituent fatty acids and glycerol.
Food & Nutrition
Algae have the potential to supply more protein than the world’s soya crops
- Naturally growing seaweed is a significant dietary component in many parts of the world.
- Algae provide essential vitamins including A, B1, B2, B6, niacin, and C.
- Algae is also rich in iodine, potassium, iron, magnesium, and calcium.
- Microalgae such as Spirulina, Chlorella, and Dunaliella are sold as nutritional supplements.